Speech Language Pathologist *Acute Care* PRN Advent Health Zephyrhills
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Setting: Acute Care
The role you’ll contribute:
The Speech Language Pathologist provides self-directed, effective therapy to patients in accordance with Florida Speech Pathology Association standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 486.021 (S): “Speech Pathologist means a person who is licensed and who practices speech therapy in accordance with this chapter. The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates, plans, directs and treats all patients referred to speech therapy.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Responsible for assessment, reassessment, goal setting and developing and implementing plans of care for all patients referred to Speech Therapy.
- Demonstrates the ability to competently perform all items on the speech skills inventory/competency checklist.
- Supervises Speech Therapy students and therapists during their Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Responsible for ensuring that documentation meets regulatory and departmental standards and policies.