Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Audiology - Newborn Screening
Supports patient care with occasional guidance. Maintains and prepares supplies and equipment, materials and/or information development.
* Provides support to speech language pathologists and audiologists through collection of data, assisting with researching topics, transportation of patients or other patient care support services.
* Assists in safe provision of functional activities (leading hand washing, toileting/diaper changing, snack activities for pediatrics).
* Provides support to speech language pathologists and teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing for implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities.
* Maintains supplies at acceptable levels.
* Prepares treatment areas (set up group therapy rooms based on number of patients served and focus of therapy, set up individual therapy/assessment rooms based upon age and/or diagnosis, clean up/reorganize treatment rooms at the conclusion of service).
* Provides basic screening services (Prepare infant or child for hearing screening, performs hearing screening and communicates results to family).
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Rehab PTA/COTA Patient Documentation (Novice): Demonstrates sufficient proficiency in communicating functional impact of assessment findings, treatment interventions, treatment planning diagnosis, and disease process. Considers the communication needs/level of understanding of audience and may share appropriate information/literature.
* Quality Assurance (Fundamental Awareness): Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective. Demonstrates quality management practices on the job which result in superior products and services delivered.
* Audiology Patient Education (Novice): Communicates functional impact of assessment findings, treatment interventions, diagnosis, and disease process. Adapts communication to the level of understanding of the patient. Determines comprehension and need for repetition and/or revision of methods.
* Equipment Maintenance (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience conducting maintenance activities in area of assignments.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.