DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nationâ��s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, serves as a clinical resource to Speech and Language Pathologists within the department (including acute care, rehabilitation unit and/or outpatient therapy).
Provides independent diagnosis and treatment to patients in special populations; develops and implements clinical protocols; and provides in-service and/or orientation to staff.
Works closely with the department management team and/or inpatient rehabilitation management/team to achieve established goals and objectives.
1. Masters degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
2. Current license to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist in the State of Michigan.
3. Certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
4. Three to five years of progressively more responsible work experience including some experience working with special populations such as individuals with severe or chronic dysphagia, cerebral palsied individuals, ventilator dependent individuals, etc., in order to acquire leadership skills and skills for specialized and independent patient treatment.
5. Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
Job: Speech Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.