The Center for Speech, Language, Occupational and Behavior Therapy (CSLOT) is a complete diagnostic and therapeutic center for disorders of communication, movement, and accented English. Serving both children and adults, CSLOT offers intensive short-term programs as well as ongoing programs for the treatment of all speech, language, voice, movement, and sensory integration disorders at all levels of severity.
CSLOT is actively seeking to hire a Speech-Language Pathologist. The Speech-Language Pathologist is a member of the clinical staff and is responsible for providing hands-on treatment and performing evaluations for our clients. He/she is detailed oriented, dependable, has excellent clinical competence and clinical judgment, excels at working in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and supports the vision of the company.
The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree in Communicative Disorders or a related field, a license to practice speech-language pathologist in the state of California, and ASHA's Certificate of Clinical Competence or actively working toward this certificate.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Screens and evaluates children and adults with communication disorders
- Writes evaluation reports
- Develops treatment programs for children and adults with communication disorders
- Provides therapy to individuals with communication disorders
- Measures and documents outcomes of treatment programs
- Writes treatment reports
- Interfaces with other members of the client’s team, especially the parents/family
- Communicates treatment issues with supervisory staff
- Conducts staff and community education
- Acquires, at minimum, the continuing education units (CEUs) necessary for license renewal
- Manages support staff (aides, volunteers, parents, etc.) within a group setting
- Provides ongoing support to CSLOT's marketing efforts
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Must pass a background check.
This is a full-time position which receives a generous benefits package including Paid Time Off, company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and continuing education.
For immediate consideration, please email cover letter and resume.
In your cover letter, please detail:
1. the level of your previous responsibility and experience as it compares to this position, and
2. which of the essential functions of this position you have, as well as have not, performed.
Resumes/cover letters without this level of detail will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in employment with CSLOT.