Providence is calling a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) (Speech Therapy Dept, Day Shift, 0.50 FTE) to Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- In accordance with physician request, provide initial evaluation and recommend appropriate treatment plan.
- Partner with fellow care providers to provide therapy for the recovery or improvement of patient's speech or swallowing function.
- Provide education to patient and family regarding the therapy and maintenance of the speech or swallowing disorder.
- Utilize software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Current Speech Therapy licensure in Washington State
- Current American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with clinical responsibilities in a hospital, clinic, home health or skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in "neighborhoods" and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 143797