Providence is calling a Speech Pathologist to Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Speech Pathologist will evaluate residents for speech, language or dysphasia needs and establish plan of treatment or recommendations in compliance with standards and guidelines established by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Treatment is provided under the order of a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate Speech Language Pathology services under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Participate in monitoring of resident dining rooms during mealtime to assist/identify staff and resident interaction for safe eating, communication, resident positioning and staff and resident education.
- Document goals and progress for the medical record according to facility guidelines.
- Communicate with interdepartmental team members and outside agencies to identify resident needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Provide resident, family and staff education in a variety of physical settings.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- State of Alaska licensure as a Speech Pathologist.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certificate in Clinical Competency in Speech.
- One (1) year of experience working with pediatric to adult severely handicapped population in acute or long term care settings.
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 142427