| Requisition: F1700250 |
Open Date: 04/27/2017
Review Date: 05/27/2017
Job Category: Exempt
Department: Communicative Disorders & Deaf Educ
College/Unit: E Eccles Jones Coll of Ed & Hum Svs
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
- Classroom Instruction, team teaching, supervision of undergraduate pre-service teachers.
- Development and demonstration of creative educational programs, techniques and practices.
- Involvement in conducting and validating research, and cooperation with the university, state, and local educational agencies.
- May be assigned to special projects.
- Make sure staff are filling out communication logs to be sent home daily.
- Establish participants outcomes and plan daily activities to achieve them.
- Plan daily activities in the center or out into the community.
- Keep in contact with parents/guardians on a regular basis and reports any incidents to the Director and individuals involved.
- Become familiar with participant's individualized plans and see that they are implemented.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Modify the general education curriculum for special—needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and instructional technology.
- Master's degree in Deaf Education or related field
- Holds or is eligible for Utah teaching licensure.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Effective communication skills in dealing with children, parents, college students and professional colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with the State of Utah's Core Curriculum and other state-sponsored initiatives
- Excellent teaching skills and commitment to serving students
Education and training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement of training effects
English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
Human Behavior: Knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and interest; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders
Speaking: Strong written and verbal communication
Problem-solving: Analyzes information and evaluates results to select the best solution and solve problems
Monitoring: Measures performance of self; makes improvements and takes appropriate corrective action
Critical Thinker: Uses logic and reasoning to identify solutions and approaches to problems
Team building: Works to create a team-based environment
Decision making: Makes coherent and appropriate decisions in a timely manner
Customer services: Develop relationships that promote open communication
Encourage change initiatives: Openly support and take action to find opportunities to help complete projects more quickly and effectively
- Maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to ethical behavior
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to the improvement of USU
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Enjoy working with students and as a selfless member of a team
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Deductive reasoning, problem-solving, and prioritizing skills
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position.
- Graduate student supervisory experience.
- LSLS Certification AVT or LSLS Certification AVEd.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Experience delivering family-centered services in various settings.
- Willingness to work two summer months.
- Two or more years working with children who are deaf or hard of hearing in programs that emphasize the development of listening and spoken language.
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 100%
Advertised Salary: Based on experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=2375 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.