Mind Institute Qatar is actively seeking Speech and Language Pathologists to join a team of multidisciplinary therapists. Our packages are competitive, tax free and all your expenses are paid by Mind Institute, including housing and utilities.
To know more about Mind Institute, log on to www.mindinstitutes.com. We were also featured in many newspapers and publications, including Time Out Doha;
As an SLP, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and meet the needs of children and adolescents attending the Mind Institute.
This work will require planning, evaluating, organizing and conducting speech-language therapy programs to facilitate children with a diverse range of communication needs, including: language delay, language disorder, autism, global developmental delay, social communication difficulties, speech disorder, hearing impairment and dysfluency.
As part of the SLP team you will administer speech and language evaluations and assessments, develop treatment plans, monitor progress for each child on his/her caseload and promote a functional, clinical approach to intervention, encompassing educational attainment, participation in the education experience, life aspirations and general well-being.
The position requires independent clinical judgment, well developed communication skills, and the ability to work well with co-workers and families of clients.
- To independently manage a highly specialist and complex caseload of children and young people with special needs. This includes providing comprehensive assessments using a range of specialist assessments/techniques.
- To work in line with the centre’s client-centred approach to intervention with a strong emphasis on joint goal setting with clients, parents and carers.
- To design, oversee and deliver intervention programmes to maximise learning potential and develop functional communication skills.
- To monitor and review the progress of clients against the care aims and set goals, modifying these goals as appropriate.
- To ensure systems are in place for regular reporting and feedback to parents re progress towards communication target
- To assess treatment success in multi-professional case conferences/meetings.
- To develop appropriate home programs for clients when applicable.
- To support clients and their parents/carers through the diagnosis and impact of communication difficulties.
- Offering advice and support to parents of clients with communication needs through phone, email and meeting contact
- To prioritise and plan own workload to manage conflicting and competing priorities.
- To demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice with peers
- To work with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- To act as a source of speech-language therapy clinical expertise and advice providing clinical and professional leadership
- To be involved in the planning and implementation of parent advice services
- To advise line manager on issues of service delivery including shortfalls and pressures on therapy service delivery within the clinic and service pressures.