This position monitors and evaluates the audiological needs for students within the system ensuring success in their educational environment in accordance with the system’s mission. A full-time Audiology Paraprofessional assists and supports this Audiologist. High-tech equipment for screenings is owned in-house and is regularly calibrated and maintained to high industry standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides audiological screenings and follow-up evaluations for students who fail screenings.
2. Fits, maintains, and monitors Frequency Modulated (FM) units.
3. Provides training to school personnel to provide daily listening checks to all students who wear hearing aids in the system.
4. Troubleshoots and maintains all audiometers in the system and schedule annual calibration of all equipment.
5. Schedules and provides annual audiological evaluations to all students enrolled in the hearing impaired program.
6. Notifies all parents of hearing impaired students of annual follow-up exam and conducts appropriate testing .
7. Coordinates audiological services among parents, health department, Children’s Medical Services (CMS), Hearing Aid Dispensers, private physicians, vocational rehabilitation, etc.
8. Attends meetings to assist in writing of an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for hearing impaired students as well as students with auditory processing deficits.
9. Performs evaluations on special education and Student Support Team (SST) students for auditory processing deficits.
10. Provides suggestions for parents and teachers of students with auditory processing problems. Provides classroom recommendations as well as remedial activities and FM equipment to assist students.
11. Provides audiological testing to preschoolers, birth to 5 years.
12. Provides any data collection on hearing impaired students in the county.
13. Performs classroom observations on hearing impaired students and students with auditory processing problems.
The Application Process
Complete an online application at www.hcbe.net.
- After you have completed your application, click on the option #3 – Vacancy Desired.
- Check the box next to the Job ID for the position for which you would like to apply.
- Click on the Finish and Submit button at the bottom to successfully apply for this position. ** You must click the Finish and Submit button every time you apply to a position.
- If you have any questions about your application or the verification of the application status, please contact HR at 478-988-6244.
Full job description at: https://www.applitrack.com/hcbe/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=50464