The Cedars-Sinai Department Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is an integral part of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center lending their expertise to a multitude of inpatient and outpatient programs and specialties. The staff in this department provides excellent evidence-based practiced care in a supportive and compassionate manner to maximize the recovery and function of the patients we serve. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. We provide a full range of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech-Language Therapy services. With Cedars-Sinai, there’s no limit to your growth.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Therapist II evaluates and treats patients in accordance with the prescription of the physician.. Assists in divisional growth and cohesiveness to ensure a high quality of patient care. The Therapist I provides patient care consistent with Scope of Practice Standards and Code of Ethics; the Plan for the Provisions of Care to Patient, the Plan for Corporate Compliance, the Performance Improvement Plan and Patient Education Plan. Competency skills include the ability to provide care to a wide range and complexity of diagnoses while maintaining a safe environment, utilizing appropriate communication with sensitivity and attention to special populations, including patients with diverse cultural backgrounds, age, developmental issues and physical disabilities.
- Possesses Physical Therapist License per California State requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a practicing therapist and evidence of ability to perform at this level. A minimum of 2 year experience in the current or similar practice setting in which the individual will be working as a therapist III.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system (specifically including keyboard and mouse skills). As applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation development, e-mail, browser and online reporting.
- Good knowledge of assessment and intervention techniques in a medical and physical disabilities setting.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be competent by virtue of training and/or experience to perform evaluations, design and implement treatment plans and provide education in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Valid and current license as a PT in the state of California.
- Outpatient experience preferred. Strong Neuro Rehab background required.
- Able to push, pull, lift or carry 0-100 pounds on an intermittent basis;
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat consistently in order to safely administer manual exercises and techniques;
- Able to assist patient with physical activities such as transfers, bed mobility, and ambulation,
- Able to identify need for an arrange assistance to maintain safe techniques
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled